- Bobbin Lace on Pinterest
One of my lace boards on Pinterest - mainly lacemakers and bobbins.
This is a list of books that I either own or have borrowed from the library, the links will take you to amazon.co.uk:
- Beginner's Guide to Bobbin Lace by Gilian Dye and Adrienne Thunder
- this book has some nice starter patterns and goes on to experiment with different fibres.
- The Torchon Lace Book by Christine Springett
- Christine writes some very detailed instructions for her patterns so is always good a place to start.
- Techniques of Bobbin Lace by Pamela Nottingham
- a very thorough book that looks at many of the different types of bobbin lace.
- Torchon Lacemaking: A Manual of Techniques by Elizabeth Wade
- good patterns and a nice book that touches on the historical side too.
- The Romance of the Lace Pillow by Thomas Wright
- In the Cause of English Lace: Lace-making in the Midlands Past and Present
by Anne Buck and C.C. Channer
- Pillow Lace and Bobbins by Jeffery Hopewell
- a lovely Shire publication that covers a lot of ground (pun intended!).
- Success to the Lace Pillow: Classification and Identification of 19th Century East Midland Lace Bobbins and Their Makers by Christine and David Springett
- a wonderful book about bobbins - a must read if you're interested in the history of lace bobbins. Take a look at the Springett's website.
- Two-colour Bracelet
- a simple cloth stitch pattern.
- Lenka Suchanek
- Lenka makes the most wonderful wire lace.
- Jan Tregidgo
- author and tutor in lace and textiles.
- Jean Leader
- author and tutor
HISTORY & COLLECTIONS
- Cowper & Newton Museum, Olney
- The Thomas Lester Collection
- at the Cecil Higgins Art Gallery, Bedfordshire